Want To Know Why I'm Called A Blue Shih Tzu?

This is me at 1 year old
Not only am I really cute, I'm a blue Shih Tzu.
What's a blue Shih Tzu?
Well, I'm not really blue. That's for other animals, mostly the ones you see in cartoons! TEE-HEE! :)
I'm a blue Shih Tzu because:
Blue is a rare color most people have never seen. Only a few breeders produce blue Shih Tzus. 


Sometimes it's hard for breeders to figure out which one of us is blue! Sometimes it's obvious as our noses will  be light purpleish blue or light grey. Some of our noses are a real, dark, gunmetal grey and it'll look like  black. 

Most blue Shih Tzu's have grey eye rims, grey lips & foot pads. Some of us have a blue tint to our skin in some spots & I have blue spots on the back of my tongue. 


A blue Shih Tzu can have any color coat. You can't tell us by our coats because if our coats  looks blue, it doesn't make us a blue Shih Tzu. You have to look at our nose. You can tell the colors better in bright light outdoors. Compare a blue nose to a black nose & you'll see the difference.

 
 Blue & Liver colored Shih Tzus are a result of dilute genes. In order to produce a Blue or Liver Shih Tzu you have to breed a Blue Shih Tzu or have one that's  a carrier meaning the parents or grandparents were blue Shih Tzus.

I'm just like my Daddy! He's blue too!

No comments: